We held another successful Social Media for Executives seminar this morning in Lacey. Clay Loges of Yodio lead a great session and discussion, followed by hands on experience in a workshop session with Karyn Whitacre of Konnects.
The BE community has been growing steadily since it's Monday launch. Some tips for creating a successful online profile-
1. Fill in the blanks- make your profile as complete as possible and add some personality to make it feel authentically you.
2. Upload a professional looking photo. If you do not want a photo online, at a minimum pick an image to replace the anonymous head outline.
3. Invite your friends. All social media platforms make it very easy to upload your address book or list of contacts from other sites.
4. Give recommendations and introduce business contacts- give and you will receive.
5. Stay current, update your profile with relevant information and keep it "fresh."